Characteristics of Our Teaching Methods
The basic concept is to teach by analyzing and organizing from the perspective of a person learning Japanese.
1. Teach without using translation
This is because it is important to develop the habit of thinking in Japanese from the very beginning in terms of expressing things and issues.
Our teachers will use pictures and gestures or Japanese that the students can understand to teach new words without using any translation.
2. Teach using rules
Remembering the rules on transforming verbs and adjectives makes learning more effective.
3. Teach by avoiding similar expressions
Trying to remember similar words at the same time is confusing, especially at the beginner stage.
4. Teach by limiting the amount of information to what a student can remember
Students cannot remember everything when a lot of information is provided all at once.
5. Teach in a same manner regardless of who the teacher is
When the basic teaching method is the same, students do not get confused even when taught by multiple teachers in one class or when teachers are replaced halfway.
Our teachers have all completed the Japanese Teacher Training Course offered by S.J.I with excellent results.
※Depending on the background and needs of the students, sometimes we may use textbooks with translations attached or vocabulary lists with translations for self-studying at home.
Communication Japanese Volume 1, 2, 3
(original teaching materials)
They are textbooks in elementary and pre-intermediate levels focusing on communications.
Each lesson is made up of a conversation in various scenarios and includes exercise questions on the grammatical model sentences used in the conversation and text.
These are written in a way so as to naturally build up the necessary grammar skills up to the pre-intermediate level.
Communication Japanese Workbook Volume 1, 2, 3 (original teaching materials)
There are revision questions on things learnt from the textbooks. Also, they are made up of questions to enable understanding of key points in each lesson in the textbooks.
<Letter Exercise Books>
Communication Japanese Kanji Exercise Book Volume 1, 2, 3 (original teaching materials)
They are exercise books which summarizes the vocabulary, pronunciation and writing of kanji characters which appear in the textbooks.
The first book also contains exercise pages for hiragana and katakana.
Communication Japanese CD Volume 1, 2, 3 (original teaching materials)
They are CDs that correspond to the textbooks.
They are useful for improving your listening skills.
<Business Japanese Textbook>
Pre-Advanced Level Business Japanese (IT Version) (original teaching materials)
This is a textbook for students from intermediate to advanced level.
The aim is to promote smooth communications by business people whose mother tongue is not Japanese with the Japanese staff around them.
- Tanoshiku Kiko Volume 1 & 2
- Everyday Listening in 50 days (Listening Tasks for Beginners) Volume 1 & 2
- Waku Waku Bumpo Listening 99 Mastering Japanese by Ear
- Chukyu o Manabo Volume 1 & 2
- Everyday Listening in 50 days (Listening Tasks for intermediate students) Volume 1 & 2
- Materials for preparation of Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU)
- Materials for preparation of Japanese Language Proficiency Test N1・N2
- Newspaper, magazines, radio & TV programs, movies, novels, poems, picture books etc
- For intermediate or above levels, the most effective materials are used for each class.
- Even at the elementary level, the most effective training materials are used for the Special Courses and Private Lessons depending on the needs of the students.
- Various other training materials are used as supplementary aids at every level.
- We also have published "Mock Test for N1/N2 level of Japanese Language Proficiency Test."
Teaching Staff Introduction
There are about 180 teaching staff in the Sendagaya Japanese College, Sendagaya Japanese Institute Group.
Among the teaching staff, there are some who are from China, Taiwan, Vietnam, Thailand, Egypt etc.
Therefore if you have a question or problem that you cannot express in Japanese, you can still discuss this with them.
Our teaching staff will fully support you and ensure that all of you find learning Japanese enjoyable.